Proponent Members’ Rating for this certification program:
- Percentage of members who have completed this program: 43
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “significantly added to their teaching skill set”: 56
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “somewhat or strongly enhanced their reputation”: 82
- Percentage of certified members who said this program was a good or outstanding value versus cost: 92
What: A U.S. Kids Golf Instructor is recognized as an expert in teaching golf to kids age 12 and under. Each instructor uses an established curriculum that features game-based learning methods and play on a scaled golf course.
What are the requirements to become a Certified Instructor?
- Attend a Certified Instructor seminar.
- Score 80% or better on the Certified Coach test. The USKG test will be emailed upon the conclusion of the seminar.
- Complete and pass the Positive Coaching Alliance Double-Goal Coach: Coaching for Winning and Life Lessons online course and test. The voucher code to take the PCA course and test for free will be emailed upon the conclusion of the seminar. If you have registered for a seminar and wish to take the PCA course and test in advance, please contact email@example.com and the voucher code will be sent. USKG will not reimburse for PCA courses completed without the voucher code.
To maintain an active Certified Coach status the following guidelines must be met:
- Maintain an account with U.S. Kids Golf. As a Certified Coach you have the option of being associated to a facility account, open an account in your name or become a U.S. Kids Golf Affiliate account.
- Incorporate the USKG Player Pathway into your curriculum.
- Install the USKG Forward Tees at your facility within two years of your certification or have access to a golf course that offers our recommended Forward Tees yardages. Contact us for more details on Forward Tees.
- Update your profile on the USKG website.
When/Where: Virtual classes for the next few months. Virtual registration is $95 for US and $125 for International.
Certified Coach 1 – Coaches are provided foundational training that lays out basic principles and the six key elements specific to coaching young golfers with a focus on best practices and nuances for helping kids develop a love of the game.
Certified Coach 2 – Coaches learn how to motivate and inspire students based on their different personality traits, how to successfully structure your program with a curriculum for each student’s journey and research-based training on how students learn best.
Certified Pathway Coach 3 – Coaches wishing to dive more deeply into the Player Pathway and distinguish their program through its use will find the Player Pathway Coach 3 training a valuable next step.
Continuing Education: Earn 8 MSR credits, completion of the PCA test earn 2 MSR credits.
Cost: $195 for registrations submitted before two weeks of the seminar date. $245 for registrations submitted within two weeks of the date of the seminar. Special discounts are offered for professionals registering from the same facility. To receive the $20 discount per registration, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org to receive a code that can be entered upon checkout. Active Certified Coaches who have paid the annual renewal can attend a seminar for a discounted rate. Please contact email@example.com to receive the discount code.