Proponent Members’ Rating for this certification program:
- Percentage of members who have completed this program: 43
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “significantly added to their teaching skill set”: 56
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “somewhat or strongly enhanced their reputation”: 82
- Percentage of certified members who said this program was a good or outstanding value versus cost: 92
What: A U.S. Kids Golf Instructor is recognized as an expert in teaching golf to kids age 12 and under. Each instructor uses an established curriculum that features game-based learning methods and play on a scaled golf course.
What are the requirements to become a Certified Instructor?
- Attend a Certified Instructor seminar.
- Pass the Certified Instructors test online.
- Pass the Positive Coaching Alliance Double-Goal Coach test online.
- Open a U.S. Kids Golf Account.
- Use the U.S. Kids Golf Learning Program booklets as a part of your curriculum.
- Install the Family Course at your facility within two years of Certification or have access to a golf course that offers the Family Course or U.S. Kids Golf recommended yardages.
- A $95 fee will be assessed each January following the Certified Instructor Seminar date.
- Analysis of golf participation and programs vs. other youth sports.
- “Scaling” of the following elements for youth: Equipment, The Golf Course, Competition, Instruction.
- Parental involvement and introduction to the “Positive Coaching Alliance”.
- High-quality instruction focusing on fun and achievement while teaching fundamentals.
- Introduction to golf-specific games to serve as a key component in instruction.
When/Where: Virtual classes for the next few months. Virtual registration is $95 for US and $125 for International.
Continuing Education: Earn 8 MSR credits, completion of the PCA test earn 2 MSR credits.
Cost: $195 for registrations submitted before two weeks of the seminar date. $245 for registrations submitted within two weeks of the date of the seminar. Special discounts are offered for professionals registering from the same facility. To receive the $20 discount per registration, send an email to email@example.com to receive a code that can be entered upon checkout. Active Certified Coaches who have paid the annual renewal can attend a seminar for a discounted rate. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to receive the discount code.