Proponent Members’ Rating for this certification program:
- Percentage of members who have completed this program: 6
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “significantly added to their teaching skill set”: 25
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “somewhat or strongly enhanced their reputation”: 25
- Percentage of certified members who said this program was a good or outstanding value versus cost: 88
What: Dr. Mike Duffey and Eric Handley of Penn State University in conjunction with Dr. Rob Neal, are now offering a class in The Biomechanics of Golf: Introduction to 3D Motion Analysis.
The Biomechanics of Golf course starts by explaining how 3D systems work, then progresses through the important kinematics (movements) and kinetics (forces) and how to apply this knowledge to golf instruction. The material even addresses how to better use 2D video in light of what we know from 3D motion analysis.
Science and Application:
This course uses real instructional examples to help you better understand the 3D motions and forces of the golf swing. It is designed so you can apply concepts to your teaching regardless of whether or not you utilize a 3D system.
- Improve your understanding of the 3D motions and forces of the golf swing.
- Experience real instructional examples that can be applied to your teaching and enhance communication with your students.
- Access course content at any time from anywhere during your 8 week course section.
- Explore swings in 3D with free downloads of the software used in the course.
- Earn a completion certificate and continuing education credits.
Cost: $429 for early registration, $449 for regular registration, and or a student discount rate of $354. Continuing Education credits are available for those who complete all of the class requirements. PGA = 20, UK PGA = 100, LPGA = 4.
Contact: For more information or to register, please use the link: golf.psu.edu.