Proponent Members’ Rating for this certification program:
- Percentage of members who have completed this program: 4
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “significantly added to their teaching skill set”: 20
- Percentage of certified members who said this program “somewhat or strongly enhanced their reputation”: 60
- Percentage of certified members who said this program was a good or outstanding value versus cost: 60
What: Geoff Mangum’s PuttingZone Coaches offer the best putting instruction in the history of golf and participate in a world-wide community of putting teachers and learners whose interactions keep this group perpetually at the forefront of golf instruction. If you’re a golf pro, you certainly know that standard golf instruction is focused 99% on the full swing, even though golf is 40%+ putting and the putter is used nearly three times as often as every other club during every round of golf. PuttingZone certification offers you a ready-made body of knowledge and teaching techniques for putting to add to your existing repertoire of full-swing instruction. And … you get marketed as a putting guru!
• Membership in this dedicated group of instructional leaders.
• Participation in the interactive community through the PuttingZone.com.
• Promotion by the PuttingZone.com as the world-class putting instructor for golfers interested in your lessons.
• Higher rates for putting lessons than for swing lessons.
• Increased business in lessons and putter fitting services.
• Recognition by your peers of your specialized teaching expertise + referrals.
• Opportunities to get your ideas published to a world audience of golfers.
• Co-sponsorship of putting clinics with Geoff Mangum.
• A steady stream of putting-related research and news not available anywhere else on the planet.
• Access to the best putters and training aids on a discount basis.
• Constantly updated instructional materials.
• Innovative teaching and learning techniques.
• Cutting-edge putting and instructional science.
• Free contact listing in the NEW! PuttingZone Magazine (coming ’06).
• Full email, telephone, and live web support from Geoff Mangum and others.
PuttingZone training consists of two days of instruction in theory and practical techniques by Geoff Mangum, along with various written materials. A PuttingZone coach completes the training fully equipped to assess a student’s existing skills, to ascertain the student’s goals and potential, to offer the best putting instruction for fundamental skills and psychological issues in the world, and to benchmark and chart student progress. The program includes teaching manuals, student questionnaires and profiles, testing protocols, and benchmarking and record-keeping protocols. The program also includes surveys of training aids and teaching techniques and a session on proper methods for putter fitting and selection. Training takes place periodically at centralized regional venues and is also available at your venue by prior arrangement. Annual re-certification sessions are more informal and focused on specific needs of the participants and recent developments, but the same level of training in the initial certification is available as needed.
The two-day training and year-long certification is priced at $1,500 (€1,500 in Europe) — break-even after only one lesson a month — with annual re-certification for $500 / €500. Payment plans are available. In addition, if you sponsor a clinic for your golfers taught by Geoff Mangum, All net proceeds can be immediately credited to your certification — Geoff teaches a clinic at your course and earns your certification fee for you, and you get certified for FREE! Now that’s win-win! Sponsor a PZ Clinic with at least 10 students at $250 / €200 each for a full 8-hour day (with food and drinks and a book and 2-CD Set and souvenir CD of photos and video of the sessions thrown in), and I come two days early and train you at your course for free! And then we go forward earning revenue together teaching golfers how to putt better than they ever have in their lives.
Where: Online and In-person.
Cost: See information above.
Contact: Geoff Mangum at 336-340-9079 or email@example.com. You can visit his website at http://puttingzone.com/certification.html#Certification.