Website Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club
Lakewood Ranch Golf and Country Club is excited to announce the exceptional career opportunity of Director of Instruction.
The Director of Instruction (DOI) is responsible for organizing, developing, promoting, scheduling and conducting golf instructional programs that meet customer demands and needs. Working with the Director of Golf and Golf Professional staff the DOI will be responsible for the quality of instructional programs, promotional activities, and maximizing instructional and equipment sales.
Position will report to the Director of Golf.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Oversee lesson and instructional program schedules.
- Train golf professionals on golf instruction, teaching philosophies and the operations of programs to include clinics, schools, juniors, group, private lessons, player development, and special population lessons.
- Utilize state-of-the-art teaching and learning theories and be able to integrate the use of teaching aids, videotape, launch monitors, etc. when appropriate in all programs.
- Develop, implement, and promote club fittings and program equipment sales; train other staff instructors as needed.
- Monitor information requests regarding or pertaining to schedule of lessons and instructional golf.
- Supervise the upkeep of the teaching golf range and facilities to ensure that safe, clean, organized and professional conditions always exist.
- Maintain teaching aids and equipment inventory in excellent condition.
- Create additional opportunities to increase top-line revenue.
- Develop a Culture utilizing Fitness in Player Development and the most up to date golf instruction philosophies and techniques.
- Create instructional programs to enhance service and maintain interest and enthusiasm among all customer segments.
- Assist in marketing and promotion for instruction programming.
- Create player development programs (Player Development defined as increase activity) to foster a recreational, fun and, where appropriate, a competitive environment.
- Maintain regular, open contact with both supervisors and staff instructors to ensure teamwork and consistency in teaching programs.
- Exhibit a warm, welcoming personality that will make staff and customers feel comfortable
- Maintain professional expertise through related courses and learning opportunities in golf training and player development.
- Encourage staff instructors to engage in learning opportunities to maintain professional expertise and provide resources to meet those objectives.
- Maintain PGA of America membership in good standing.
- Have an expert level of knowledge of the game of golf, rules of golf, golf instruction, and teaching methodology.
- Act as a role model for all Associates by demonstrating the behavior and work ethic expected of all LWRGCC professional staff members.
- Utilize all types of social media outlets
- Provide feedback and explanation(s) regarding the financial performance of the LWRGCC on a regular basis.
Experience / Qualifications:
- PGA Member in good standing.
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience with golf instruction preferred.
- Track record of success with player development programs, especially juniors.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com